MEXT Scholarship Complete Guide

Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships

The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / PhD) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.

Normally the Application cycle of the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is announced in April. Apply through the Japanese embassy in your country.

MEXT Scholarship summary

  • Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
  • Institution(s): Japanese Universities
  • Study in: Japan
  • Courses Offered: All types of courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
  • Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, PhD: 3-4 Years
  • MEXT Scholarship Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy (Click here to check deadlines)


How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship

Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship:

  1. The Japanese Embassy or Consulate announce dates
  2. Visit the website of Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
  3. Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it.
  4. Submit the required documents to Japanese Embassy
  5. A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy.
  6. After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
  7. The successful candidates will be informed through email or embassy website.

Documents Required

  1. MEXT Scholarship Application form
  2. The highest degree verified with official stamps.
  3. Two recommendation letters
  4. Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
  5. Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
  6. Photographs
  7. Study plan / Statement of purpose.
  8. English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from Language Test.
  9. Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)
  10. Other reference documents (if applicable)
Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *